Me Me Me Me

Monday, December 10, 2012

The Elf on the Shelf

First off, sometime today my little blog hit its 1,000th page view! (It's the little things in life that excite me!) Thanks for reading, and please keep coming back!


Since it was an ugly, rainy, Monday in December, here in central PA, I had tons of no motivation. I plastered that smile on my face, but really struggled to think of anything creative for my little firsts to do today. Am I the only one that gets this way on ugly days?! Since I don't have much to share, I decided to post a few pictures of what our Elf on the Shelf, Mistletoe, has been up to lately...

I saved the marshmallows that I used to make our "homework bin hot tub," and had him make a snow angel on the floor. The kids just about died, and were SO careful not to step on him!

I think one of my favorites so far has been having him hide in our "warm-fuzzy" jar! Not only did he hide there, but he added a bunch, which really had my kids cracking up! Funniest concern over this one was how he was going to get out to fly back to the North Pole. I explained that since he had gotten himself into the jar, he would most likely be able to find a way out. (LOVE when they start to question things and I've gotta think on my toes!)

Oh. My. Goodness.  Go find somebody who has a Barbie scooter... NOW. This was epic. Every time the kids left the room, he scooted his little Barbie scooter to a new place in the room. Towards the end of the day, I guess he got a little tired of scooting, and he started to lean forward. I thought he was going to fall off, and my life flashed before my eyes. His head ended up resting on the handlebars, so I told the kids he must have fallen asleep at the wheel. When they went to special, he "crashed" the scooter and locked himself in one of the centers bins like he was in jail. One of the funniest moments yet.

When you find somebody with a Barbie scooter, ask them to borrow a miniature cell-phone, too. Mistletoe was on the phone all day, and my students' biggest concern was how I was going to drink my coffee... I love my little firsts, and they know how much I love my coffee. They know what sound my Keurig makes when it's done brewing, so they're always sure to tell me "Your coffee's done, Mr. V!!"

I wish I had an Elf on the Shelf all year long...

0 comments: