Me Me Me Me

Friday, November 22, 2013

Going on a Pignic!

Happy Friday, ya'll! I don't know about you guys, but it's been a LONG week! I don't think I ever recovered from parent-teacher conferences last week. Anywho, I wanted to share a little project my kiddos did with some of our Kindergarden friends!

*Prologue*
Jelly Bean, our guinea pig, and Henry, the bunny who lives in one of the K classrooms are pretty much BFF's. They write letters to one another on a regular basis. Our kids LOVE writing letters back and forth! The K teacher and I had been joking about having the 2 of them go on a picnic with the classes, then she stumbled upon the cutest little alphabet book... Pignic!


SO. Since it's an alphabet book, I read a few similar books to my kiddos, then grouped them to brainstorm names and words that started with each letter of the alphabet.


After my kiddos came up with LOADS of words for each letter, we wrote sentences as a group. We wrote a few sentences each day, and had so much fun writing them! Yesterday, we finally got to go on our PIGNIC! The K teacher made little Pignic headbands for each of the kids (and she made one for Henry, too!) They were beyond excited to go visit their friends in K!

Jelly Bean and Henry... BFF's 4 life!

Once I read the book to the kids, we paired them off to illustrate the sentences my kids had written. My little firsties were SO pumped to be big buddies to their little K friends! I told them that they should let their friends do most of the work, and just be there to help them if they get stuck. Even my low kids were thrilled to be helpers..




We have to go to school on Monday next week. Jusssssssst Monday. Do you have school next week?
post signature

2 comments:

The Math Maniac said...

What a great way to get two groups of students working together!

Tara
The Math Maniac

The Science School Yard said...

I was blog hoppin' and saw your post on Just Reed. I teach science to all K-5 students at my school and have to use FOSS. Hop on over and see my posts, ideas, and sheets that help at each grade level.I am working on Pebbles, Sand, and Silt this week.

http://scienceschoolyard.blogspot.com/

Renee at the Science School Yard