Me Me Me Me

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Techy Tuesday - Valentine Version!

Happy Tuesday, ya'll! I found it VERY hard to get out of bed this morning. I had my alarm set for 6:00, hit snooze until 6:30, then my wife finally came in to ask me if I was getting up for school around 6:45. OOPS! I have a theory. Yesterday was the ugliest rainy day ever. Rainy Mondays are the worst. I feel like I never recover the whole rest of the week. Upside? No school on Friday! Anywho, on to the post...


Linking up with Katie King from Queen of the First Grade Jungle to share some things I found for my kids to work on! I wrote a project on Donors Choose for 2 iPad Minis that was funded and they arrived in our classroom on Friday! It was like Christmas. Right now, I've got them out as a center while I figure out other ways to use them. I went searching for Valentine's Apps to go with my Valentine centers unit, and here's 2 that we're loving right now...

First up, First Words Valentine, which is FREE lets students spell a variety of Valentine words. What I like about this app - it allows you to change tons of settings. You can allow students to spell in any order, or from left to right. You can decide whether or not you want them to see how the word is actually spelled, or if you want the slots to be blank. Not a huge list of words, but my students have been enjoying it nonetheless!



Another one we're loving right now, less of an educational value though, is The Memory Game Valentine's Day Edition.  Just a simple memory game, but you can choose how many cards you'd like (12, 24 or 48) as well as how many are needed for a match (2 or 3). The game also allows 1, 2, 3 or 4 players. This was a hit during indoor recess!


Off to grade some math tests... Hooray! Have a good night...

1 comments:

Sarah Hankinson said...

I found you through Katie's Techy Teacher Tuesday! I am also a first grade teacher - aren't they fabulous?!

Sarah
Learning is for Superstars
FB page