Me Me Me Me

Monday, January 13, 2014

Nonsense Word Freebie

Hi all! I don't know about you, but last week was CRAY CRAY. We had 2 days off and a 2 hour delay another day... I swear, weeks like that seem WAY longer than normal weeks. This guy and his batch of 6 year olds need routines!! Here's hoping for a normal week (although I just saw snow predicted for Wednesday and Friday this week... ugh!)

ANYWHO - we're gearing up for our winter DIBELS this week. I played a quick nonsense word game with my kids today and was blown away... not in a good way! I'm convinced that when we started learning long vowels, my firsties forgot all about those precious little short vowels we worked so hard on at the beginning of the year. SO. I got to working. I made a PDF of 50 nonsense words to project on the board... We're going to hammer those suckers tomorrow!! It's totally free on TPT if you want to snag it here!



Have a good night, ya'll!
post signature

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Andrew, that has always been a gripe of ours too! After we learn long vowels they want to say all of the nonsense words with long vowels. I don't blame them for it nor do I want to get on to them for it. I'm proud of them for using it. Their nonsense fluency scores usually drop a little. Maybe a quick review like that will help. Thanks for the little freebie.
Karen Rowland
Adventures With Firsties

karenrowland112677@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

DIBELS is tomorrow for us...it's definitely NOT my favortie part of teaching! Good luck on your test! =)
Jennifer
First Grade Blue Skies