Me Me Me Me

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

We *Heart* the Earth

Earth Day has quickly become one of my favorite holidays at school. I've always been a recycling nut, especially at school. I found this awesome activity while blog surfing a few weeks ago, and knew my firsts would LOVE making it. You can find the activity HERE (for freeeeeee) on TpT.

Check these bad boys out!


I checked out a TON of books from the library at school, then we talked about ways that WE could reduce, reuse and recycle. My FAVORITE response, by far... "I just reduced, because I went to the bathroom!" Sort of true, but I wasn't in the mood to explain that one.

I thought this part was going to be too hard for my kiddos, but they REALLY enjoyed themselves! They look pretty snazzy in the hallway, too, if I do say so myself...

Each student also wrote about ways that they were going to try to (or already do) reduce, reuse and recycle.

I also read The Lorax, which is my most favoritest book in the whole entire world. Last year, I had my kids make Lorax mustaches and write about how they would change the world. Unfortunately, I won't have enough time this week to do it, since we have FRIDAY OFF! That's right folks, you heard me right. It's a snow make-up day, and thank God we didn't have enough snow to need it. I know I'll probably end up at school anyways, trying to catch up on that giant pile of papers in my "to file" pile... Ugh. It never ends.

Do you have any favorite Earth Day activities? I'm always looking for new ideas!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I really like your Earth craft. It's cute and simple! Great ideas, thanks for sharing. I hope you can stop by my blog. It's practically brand new.
Meghan
First Grade Hugs and High Fives