Me Me Me Me

Sunday, April 7, 2013

This one time...

So, this one time, I went into school on Saturday to work on report cards... On the way, I made the mistake of stopping at Wal-Mart. Never again. I bought lots of things and instead of working on report cards, I ended up rearranging my entire classroom. Granted, I'm very pleased with the way it turned out, but I am NOWHERE near having my report cards done by Tuesday!

ANYWHO, check out some of the fun things I found! These little Adirondack chairs were less than $5 a pop! So clearly, I bought 6. The matching tables were around $6, I believe, but I couldn't pass them up. I mean, look at them.




You know those little foam rectangles that you can find in any craft section? Well, I've been wanting to make some bunting for my windows, and found the perfect supplies! I took those tricky little buggers and snipped them down to triangles on the paper cutter. A few hole punches, some twine and a few command hooks, and VOILA! I especially like how sturdy the foam pieces are! Fun and easy.

My favorite part is our new reading area...

Have a happy Monday!

9 comments:

The Polished Teacher said...

Your room looks so great! I am partial to the blue and green clearly but I love the new chairs and tables! I was so tempted to buy them too but clearly that would be pushing it since I am not teaching and won't have my own room for at least another year and a half. Glad I could make you feel better about your spending. =)

ThePolishedTeacher

Unknown said...

Hi, I found your blog through Granny Goes to School. I can totally empathize with your Wal-mart experience. I had a similar one at AC Moore the other day, haha! Your room looks awesome, though!
Meghan

First Grade Hugs and High Fives

Liz said...

Hi, I also found you through Granny Goes to School. I'm a first year teacher too - isn't it the hardest thing you have ever done?! And I love your reading corner! Super cute!
Liz
Teaching in the Valley

O FISH ally a First Grader (Corinna) said...

My classroom colors are blue and green so obviously I'm in love with your new Adirondack chairs and tables. Your reading area is fabulous! The kids are going to love it when they walk in Monday morning. Great job! Good luck getting your report cards done! Classroom decorating is so much more fun anyway!

Unknown said...

I love the new look! I too have had my eye on those chairs and tables. I know your firsties will LOVE it!
Karen Rowland
Adventures With Firsties

karenrowland112677@yahoo.com

Unknown said...

Hi Andrew! LOVE LOVE LOVE what you did with your classroom!! & I love your blog!! Just found your through Granny's giveaway, I'm your newest follower!

✿Sue✿
Science for Kids Blog

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly Lynch said...

I love the tables and chairs! Looks fantastic! I'm headed to Walmart after school to look. What a great idea using foam pieces for pennants. :-)

Kelly

Cindy Calenti said...

Your classroom redo is great! Hope you got those report cards done :)

Cindy
Granny Goes to School