Me Me Me Me

Friday, March 29, 2013

Five For Friday

Hi blog friends! Hopefully you're all at home enjoying a nice day away from school. I'm currently crammed into a conversion van with my in-laws on the way to Virginia to meet up with some more family to take some family pictures. We've been driving for 5 hours already, so I decided it was time to dive into blog land. *sidenote* It is VERY difficult and time-consuming to update your blog on your phone. I'm going to regret this soon.

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for another Five For Friday! (Also, my picture choice is slightly limited in the car.)


First random thing from my week... My wife is TERRIFIED of our class guinea pig, Jelly Bean. I brought him home for Easter, and knew that her holding him would be the perfect photo opportunity. I was right.

Oh my goodness. I could literally eat sushi every day. Now, when I say "sushi," I mean that Americanized version of sushi. No raw fish for me. Not that I wouldn't eat real sushi, just haven't.

We were learning to tell time these past few weeks. Our math series, EnVision, merely grazed over telling time. Most of my kids got it, but some were screaming HELP! Saw this idea on Pinterest and my kids loved it. Dollar hula hoops from the dollar tree, and you've got Race Around The Clock!

Our dog can't stand when something is going on and he's stuck in another room. He's pretty much the cutest thing. Anyone else have a dog that pops its back legs out like this when it lays down!?

I'm running the Hershey 10K in a few weeks and I'm way more terrified than I should be. I ran a half-marathon in October, so I know I can do it. I haven't really run since then. Which is why I'm terrified. We'll see how it goes...


Have a happy holiday weekend!

4 comments:

Sandy said...

I love when my dogs plop their legs out back- cutest thing ever! :) Have fun on your road trip! :)

Soaring Through Second

Em Hutchison said...

I like the hula hoop idea! Thanks!

Em
Curiosfirsties.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Good luck on your Hershey run! Thanks for sharing the hula hoop idea for telling time! Looks fun!
:)Kim

My First Love said...

I am totally with you on the sushi! I love fish-less sushi...LOL! My husband is a first grade teacher as well. We need more of you!
~Danielle
My First Love