Me Me Me Me

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Sight Word Fun!

Who's just a little SUPER pumped to practice those pesky sight words in reading groups tomorrow morning?  THIS GUY!  I ventured to my local Wal-Mart to pick up some other things and naturally got sidetracked, as any good primary teacher does.  You know the deal -- when we find something cool, we buy all they have.  Tonight was no exception for me.  I've heard of other teachers using fly-swatters to practice reading sight words, but check out these bad boys that were only 40 cents...

Oh my gosh.  I know.  I bought 12.

Can't wait to try them out tomorrow.  I'm going to write down all of our first marking period sight words on index cards, then call out a word - first student to SPLAT the word gets to keep it.  Whoever has the most cards at the end of the game wins!

I'm beyond excited.

0 comments: